Our home has shaped our success story since 1958.
The Martini story is one of constant innovation. It all began with a pair of sports pants - which, by the way, still form an important part of our sports collections for both men and women today. In 1958, Martin Hornegger Sr. opened a tailor’s shop for sports pants in Annaberg, Salzburg. His commitment to quality and attention to detail quickly gained him a reputation throughout the sporting world, and the news soon spread right up to the top ranks. Martin Hornegger Sr.'s sportswear went from strength to strength, and in the 1960s he produced jumpsuits for the Austrian national ski jumping team. At a legendary jumping event in Bischofshofen, three Austrians - all wearing Hornegger suits - took the gold, silver and bronze! Spectators celebrated the success, cheering "Martini, Martini!" - and the new company name was born.